The Japanese word Reiki means universal life force, otherwise known as Chi. Reiki is a
natural and non-invasive healing therapy which was originally introduced in Japan in the early 1920’s to improve overall wellbeing. It has the ability to facilitate energy flow, restore balance of life force and can also trigger the body’s self-healing potential.
Imbalances that cause the energy flow to be disrupted can occur from many different situations and can result in diminished function in one or more of the organs and tissues of the physical body. Reiki can treat a number of health concerns relating to either physical, mental, emotional or spiritual issues, however the most common is for stress-related disorders and helping the body to release stress and tension.
The Benefits of Reiki Include:
- Stress reduction, relaxation and aiding the body to release tension
- Promoting better sleep
- Useful for emotional clearing or when feeling off balance
- Supports the immune system and helps clear toxins
- Speeds up recovery from illness or surgery
- Helps relieve pain and reduce blood pressure
- Harmonises energy flow bringing the body back into balance
- Increases vitality and energy
- Calming anxiety and nervous tension
- Promote a sense of peace and calm
During a Reiki session, the client is fully clothed and the healing is applied through non-invasive gentle touch. It can be used on its own or as a complementary therapy to enhance treatment from other health care providers and is suitable for anybody who would like to feel a deeper sense of peace, calm and wellbeing.