What Is Kinesiology
Kinesiology is a natural and unique therapy that uses muscle response to identify areas of stress or dysfunction in the body's energy system. It can be applied to a wide range of health issues and works holistically with the mind and the body to improve physical, mental and emotional health.
Kinesiology is used as feedback to determine what the core issues are and can get to the bottom of what is interfering with our wellbeing. Imbalances can be detected in areas such as muscles, organs, tissues and meridians which affects how you feel and function on many levels. Muscle response provides accurate information about the state of your health and can determine when issues were first established.
Benefits of Kinesiology include:
- Release stress, tension or overwhelm
- Improved sleep patterns & managing anxiety
- Identify the cause of digestive disorders, skin or immune problems
- Weight management & nutritional muscle testing
- Improve energy levels & feelings of wellbeing
- Helps achieve goals by clearing negative beliefs & attitudes
- Gain a clearer sense of direction and purpose
- Release of past fears or trauma
- Support with chronic health or emotional issues
- Addresses issues behind addictive behaviours
How Kinesiology Can Help You
Kinesiology is a holistic therapy and works with the body and person as a whole, not as separate parts. Health and wellbeing is influenced by our lifestyle choices as well as our thoughts, emotions and beliefs. Kinesiology identifies which areas of your health need support first. For example, many digestive disorders are related to stress and anxiety rather than a food source alone, and a Kinesiology session not only idenfies the cause, but also prioritises the most appropriate course of action to take.
Any source of stress can block the energy flow within the body which affects vitality and hinders the natural healing process. A Kinesiolgist helps identify and address these blockages, which may be physical, mental, emotional or nutritional. Once the underlying cause is identified, the most suitable corrective techniques are used to help initiate the healing process.
Corrective techniques used to restore balance may include:
- Muscle balances
- Emotional Stress Release
- Lymphatic, vascular or spinal reflexes
- Acupressure holding points
- Meridian balancing / energy healing
- Flower essences / aromatherapy
- Testing for nutritional or herbal supplementation
- Lifestyle changes / goal setting
- Counselling / coaching techniques
- Home support strategies
- Meditation / hypnotherapy / relaxation techniques
A Kinesiology session is non-invasive and is suitable for people of all ages. If you need help in breaking through barriers that have been holding you back in the past, Kinesiology can open you to new possibilities in the future.